It’s crazy to think this would be the normal reveal day. Lets just say I’m very happy we have an additional two weeks! Since my last post, we’ve been able to check a few big items off our list, but still have a lot to go. Here’s where we are at:
– Install marble surround and tile in shower – DONE! Tile just needs to be grouted
– Install floor tile in bathroom – DONE! This tile also still needs to be grouted. Also, spoiler alert, we installed it in a herringbone pattern and I love how it looks! I’ve included some progress photos below.
– Order glass door for shower – DONE!
– Install plumbing fixtures
– Install baseboard in bathroom
– Install casing in bathroom
– Install toilet
– Stain and install vanity – We are hoping to check this off the list this week!
– Install bathroom door hardware
– Install vanity wall sconces
– Dap and paint all baseboards and casing
– Paint bathroom door
– Finish built in cabinetry in walk in closet – Last week I mentioned we had hit a snag with our DIY for our closet. However over the past week we were able to track down the drawers and pick them up so we can start on this now
– Install closet rods – This has been a challenging one to check off the list. I had a hard time sourcing some closet rods that fit the look I was going for. In my last post, I had mentioned that Steve was going to make rods and brackets, however we now have found some that will work that we can order. They are supposed to arrive June 19th which is cutting it a little close!
– Install curtain rods – These were just ordered this week, and I can’t wait to share what style I went with!
I’m hoping we can have the vanity installed, DIY closet built-ins done and tile grouted by the end of this week, but I’m not sure if that’s just wishful thinking!
THE WINDOW TREATMENTS
We had a bit of a set back with the window treatments and hardware in our bedroom. We had some lined up with a sponsor before the challenge started, however due to the fall out of Covid, they had to back out. As sad as it was to loose them as a sponsor, it was more than understandable with all that was going on! However, in the meantime, I have been scrambling to come up with another option that would be inline with my original look. A few weeks ago, I came across the window treatments from Fabricut. Their Bent Return Rods were just what I had been searching for, and they offered a quick ship program for panels that would fit within our tight timeline.
The rod I chose is only has a 3/4″ diameter, and I love how delicate it looks!
Their panels come in a bunch of different colours, and I was able to order fabric samples to figure out which one would be a good fit in our room. Here’s the final two I narrowed it down to. If possible, I always like to look at samples in the space in different light before finalizing my decision.
THE AREA RUG
It was supposed to arrive early June, however it has been stuck overseas and is now not expected to arrive till July. To be honest, I was a little sad to get this news. It was one of the first pieces I had picked for the space, and it was one I was pretty excited about. We still have it on order, but have decided to style the room with the Piper rug in Denim / Multi until it comes in. This rug is a close second, and I think it will still work really well with everything else we’ve picked out!
All the tile has been installed!! (For all the tile sources you can see our week 3 blog post.) It’s made such a difference in the ensuite, and I can’t wait for it all to get grouted which is scheduled for later today.
I’m so glad we decided on the herringbone pattern for the floor!
In the shower, we did a stacked pattern for the walls and ceiling. We are using a white grout which will really soften the look, and make the pattern much more subtle. You can see a bit from the images below that the wall and ceiling tile have a bit of variation in the colour. It makes it a little different than your typical white subway tile, and I love the texture and depth it adds. Also, I’m so glad we opted to do a long shelf along the back wall of the shower instead of a small niche!
I can hardly wait to see the brass plumbing fixtures installed!! (You can see which ones we’ve picked in our week 4 blog post.)
Ok, now we’d better get back to tackling our overwhelming list! Thank you for checking in with our room makeover, and don’t forget to check out all the rooms by the featured participants and hundreds of guests participants!