We have been working every chance we get to try and catch up on our basement playroom. Theres still so much left, but we are feeling good about getting everything done in time!
– t h i s w e e k s p r o g r e s s –
The last of the Metrie shiplap was installed this past week, including the two hidden doors. They turned out exactly how I had pictured them, and the kids absolutely love them! I’m so excited to see this nook painted dark, and as you can see from the image, I couldn’t wait to start seeing how I would style it 😉
My little helpers holding up the new wall sconces.
These double doors from Metrie were also installed! Once we finish painting and staining we will be able to install the hardware.
Steve also finished welding the new stair railing and library ladder rail. (His background is in metal fabrication which comes in really handy!) They still need to be powder coated black and then will be ready to be installed.
– t h i s w e e k s t o d o l i s t –
Here’s what we will be getting done this week (one way or another!)
– Finish caulking and filling nail holes
– Prime and paint ceiling and walls
– Install carpet (we have someone coming on Friday)
– Stain doors and install hardware
– Install wallpaper in closets
– Paint stair treads and risers
– Install stair railing
– Install wall sconces
– Install new outlets and light switches
– Install library wall and ladder
– Style and hang art
– Photoshoot on Monday
I’m guessing it will take a couple late nights, but will be so worth it to have this space done!
Also, check in on all the other makeovers before next weeks reveal!